British MEP Linda McAvan has called for increased awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide, warning it is a "bigger killer" than Aids and skin cancer.
Her demand comes after 23 people were taken to hospital after they became unwell at a Catholic youth movement meeting in Antwerp at the weekend. They were treated for the effects of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning which is thought to have escaped from the heating system into the hall.
For more info click on link:
Editors note Is this true? Did find reference to 9000 people a year killed from Melanoma in Europe. Will update this info later.